Dendroboard banner

my large mixed viv thread

139K views 204 replies 108 participants last post by  Mankc1 
#1 ·
it has been ages since i updated my build thread since i have essentially finished building it. this will be the thread that i use to update changes in my large in wall viv that i started building last november. i will post multiple pics of the different stages of growth in this tank. i am open for discussion on any matter but would prefer not to be nagged by anti mixing folks. i respect your opinion on the matter but i am not looking for advice on the matter.
the first set of pics is from when the viv was first enclosed and frogs were added.

See less See more
#3 ·
the next set of pics is from febuary of this year. first pic shows one of my 4 luecs climbing around. the frogs all climb but from most common to least high up in the branches i would list leucs, bakhuis, auratus, vittatus. with the vittatus rarely leaving the ground and never going up into the high branches.

bakhuis on the floor.

this has to be the highest my P. vittatus has ever climbed. its a good 18 inches up.

this is the dominant female vittatus' main territory. she will run other frogs out of this corner of the viv.

#5 ·
sick looking enclosure. I would actually have avoided mixing those species in place of a biotope (that tank would be amazing for a terrestrial species, an arboreal species and a nocturnal glass frog species, such as vittatus/lugubris, granuliferous/pumilio, and H. valerioi...but in any case, fantastic construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.