Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a statement: I can not wait to start hearing calls from my frogs not breeding necessarily but I am just excited to hear them call. Hope I have at least one male or I may never hear a thing.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Chances are, you'll confuse at least 10 household sounds with your frogs before you actually hear them calling..... pretty sure this happened to just about everyone on the way into the hobby.

*AC UNIT* Oh man, I just heard this weird sound.
*CELING FAN* Dude, do you hear that creaking noise behind the usual fan sound?
*DOG BARKS OUTSIDE* My frogs are totally calling.
*TV'S ON* No way those were crickets man, my frog's totally calling now.
*LEUC CALLS* Oh, so that's what it sounds like. Hell yes, that's really cool.
*TINC CALLS* My tinc's vibrating, but I don't hear anything. *opens tank lid, hears quiet buzzing* Oh.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey, I know your excitement, I have only heard my auratus call once, I haven't heard any of my other frogs call yet, I am pretty sure I ended up with two female leucs though, other then that all my frogs make quiet calls so I am not sure if I will ever hear them.

Curtis

·
Registered
40 Posts
You will know when the leucs call, they are loud. I have two males that choose to have call offs through out the day. You might mistake it for a bird call at first, but then you get used to it. It is definitely a shock when you first hear them. Good Luck

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well my male Imitator must have heard me trash talking him yesterday because he called while I was feeding him this morning. The first time he called I wondered what the noise was so I stopped and about 5 seconds later he did it again. That was my excitement for the morning, just figured I would share.

Curtis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts