Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's a confirmed male from toxicfrogaddiction. Just arrived today, healthy and eating well.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Good choice going for the Sipaliwinis! This is one of my favorite morphs (although a tricky breeder). Is there a girl in this boy's future?

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
My favorite tinc morph. Looks like that male could stand to put some meat on them bones, but perhaps it's just the angle of the photo. Any more pics?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Probably the angle of the photo. He's actually doing really well; eating like a monster. I'll get more photos by next Monday AT THE LATEST. :)

I know he's not skinny though; I'll be getting better photos as this one is from my phone.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I would refer to all of my male Sipaliwinis as "svelt" in comparison to the females. It's sort of like inferalanis, which are another "svelt" morph.

Richard.

Probably the angle of the photo. He's actually doing really well; eating like a monster. I'll get more photos by next Monday AT THE LATEST. :)

I know he's not skinny though; I'll be getting better photos as this one is from my phone.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Wow, he is real skinny!!! Feed him twice a day and feed out termites...that should get him fat quickly
Chris, it just seems that way because I turned your sip into a fat pig. :p

dendrobateslover, congrats on the sip! I have recently morphed a green sip froglet and he is a wonderful little frog. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good choice going for the Sipaliwinis! This is one of my favorite morphs (although a tricky breeder). Is there a girl in this boy's future?

Take care, Richard.
Sorry for the delay AND the double post :eek:

If I get my father's permission... I will be getting a female and [hopefully] breeding them. Just wondering... how many people would be interested in green sips? I wanna know how good of an "investment" it would be to start breeding them. I don't wanna be stuck with 100s of froglets lol :rolleyes:. I'd probably be selling froglets for around $45-60 plus shipping.

They are my utmost favorite dart frog besides blue jeans and galacts.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I think it's hard to predict how well a type of frog will sell for in the future. They come in and out of favor. Sips are really nice frogs though. With a pair, you wouldn't have to raise them to froglets if you didn't want to. You could cull the eggs or separate the pair if they were breeding too much.

·
Banned
1,573 Posts

If I get my father's permission... I will be getting a female and [hopefully] breeding them. Just wondering... how many people would be interested in green sips? I wanna know how good of an "investment" it would be to start breeding them. I don't wanna be stuck with 100s of froglets lol :rolleyes:. I'd probably be selling froglets for around $45-60 plus shipping.

I really hope your not in this hobby for just some extra cash flow, but actually care about these animals and interested in preserving the species in the hobby.

That being said it isn't wrong to sell frogs to save up for another species to further the preservation of them in the hobby. We have a couple of people in this hobby who are just in it for the cash and let the health of the frogs go to pot...no names being mentioned though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome frog lets see some pictures oh him out of the container! Its crazy how some of these are yellow and others are very green.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
I have only recently been able to get my two groups of Green Sipaliwinis to breed and don't feel they are well represented in the hobby (as compared to the Azureus, which is very hardy and an excellent breeder). I don't think you would ever have an problems finding homes for your babies.

I also echo Chris' good comment. Acquire the frogs you want to have in your collection. If you're like other hobbyists, you will always be able to find good homes for good frogs.

Good luck! Richard.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really hope your not in this hobby for just some extra cash flow, but actually care about these animals and interested in preserving the species in the hobby.

That being said it isn't wrong to sell frogs to save up for another species to further the preservation of them in the hobby. We have a couple of people in this hobby who are just in it for the cash and let the health of the frogs go to pot...no names being mentioned though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm absolutely not in this for the money at all; I actually love watching the breeding behavior of herptiles in captivity. The only reason I'm selling froglets would be for money.

And that's great. I'm going to have azureus and green sips if I'm allowed to have the female. If I get either of them breeding and have tadpoles by October I'll be vending them at the NE reptile expo in October along with my herp-related merchandise. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE:
He's currently residing in a temporary ten-gallon tank but will be moving to a twenty gallon long tomorrow or Thursday (that's when It'll be finished); and the female should be arriving Thursday or Friday.

New pics from my phone (that's why they're so bad quality :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's heeeeeeeeeeere! Props to Tony for great customer service and good quality frogs (sorry for any vendor feedback). She's got great blue color, and the green is a tealish-blue. She's gorgeous! I'll be hopefully putting the male in with her soon if everything works out. ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awesome color it will be interesting to see what color froglets they will through out. Good luck to you

1 - 20 of 26 Posts