Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)Hello to all,
This is the first real week with my dart frogs. I have recently started to notice a couple interesting things about my dart frogs. For one I have noticed that my smaller dart is more bold than bigger one (shocker right?). I have also noticed that my smaller one might be younger like in he is still a sub adult or maybe even a juvenile. My bigger dart he calls every morning and evening and then hides like a coward but, he is starting to come out more during the day. I have gotten a couple questions. One which is the male and which is the female or do I have a male male situation on my hands. Two do darts need uvb? My reptile shop were persistent on I provide uvb.
I supplement every other meal with reprspray calcium plus which I heard its one of the best multivitamin on the market. I am also from Wisconsin which is due to have long long winters. Overall I am having a blast taking care of my frogs and look forward to it for many more years. Peace to all froggers out there!

The Darter

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is a great looking Varadero . I should be ready for my first darts in about 2 weeks - also want Varaderos, can I ask where you got yours form?
Also I am newb but from what I've read only the males will call, so you definitely have 1 male. The smaller frog may be a male that hasnt reached sexual maturity yet or a female, time will tell if it also starts calling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts