Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my vivarium that is about 1 month old. It is still not complete yet in my opinion (still need to put more plants). What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think it looks great. Toss some leaf litter in there, and it will be more suitable for microfauna growth to help sustain your frogs/the viv.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm with zac. Leaf litter baby. I also agree with you assessment. more plants would be nice. Otherwise I really like it, the background flws very nicely. Whats going in there? I think I'll always be an advocate for luecs for a first frog but I'm biased because they were my first frog.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have some leaf litter in the back already. Not sure if thats not enough or what? In the pictures it looks like a small area but its pretty big. Using those giant magnolia leaves.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yeah, you'll want a majority of the floorspace to be covered with about an inch or so of leaf litter.

This allows frogs (especially youngsters) as well as food sources to hide out, and microfauna will multiply readily throughout this layer to keep your vivarium clean of organic wastes and provide food for frogs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts