Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

This is my first vivarium that i built. I wasnt in to frogs at the time but i browsed this forum for ideas after looking at a bunch of stuff at blackjungle and built this enclosure from the info i gathered. I house two ,close to 1 year old, Gargoyle Geckos in here.

The Tilandsias i picked up at the East Bay Vivarium in CA, one of which has already died on me. The Bacopa and Seliganella are from blackjungle and the other three plants i got at the Sacramento Reptile Show last year.

The background is GS and silicone with coco fiber along with some biodegradable pots and some cork log stuck in.

Let me know what you think, i will be starting a true PDF viv here in the next month or so. Trying to get a few trial and errors done before then.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Im currently in the process of doing a little repair. Turns out that after having this cage for years and moving it around from home, to college, and back a dozen times or so it has developed a leak.

I drained all the water and pulled out all the sand in the water feature in front and its currently drying. Either today or tomorrow im going to cut out the silicone in the front and then re-silicone the joints in the front 3rd of the bottom of the cage. HOPEFULLY that solves the problem, otherwise i will have to rip out everything and repeat this process and start from scratch (minus the background).

Any tips/suggestions? (for the repairs or just the cage in general)

-Archie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts