Dendroboard banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
0.0.4 Dendrobates Auratus Birkhahn
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Plants are growing fine!

New pup on brom ( photo is not the best quality)

seperated the pup of this tillandsia from the motherplant:

Now I'm happy with the growth of this ficus, if it has taken over the viv I might me be less happy with it :p
Also new leaves on the begonia and philodendron. And yes i glued the corck, it was falling apart....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice to see the difference:

27-12-2021:

05-03-2021:

And some other pictures of the plants:

This syngonium was a very sad looking plant, but it have produced some new leaves.

New pup of this brom is also growing well:

And my new plant, cissus amazonica, hope it'll cover the background.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Last week I bought all the stuff to culture my own fruitflies, was a little bit scared of it because it's kind of new to me. I've made a new bucket today and it was not that bad 😄 How many buckets should I have before I can think of buying frogs?

IMG_20210325_133449[2].jpg

And the viv is looking better and better, ready for some froggies!

IMG_20210325_154112[1].jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just got my first frogs a week ago and I have 10 cultures going which is way to many. I did a lot to practice in the last 2 months. For five terribillis froglets I'm going to make one melanogaster culture or two every week and alternate. I'll keep one hydei culture going for when my frogs get bigger.

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
@Christine86 , what is the size (fluid ounces/ml) of those culture cups? They look smaller than the US standard 32 oz cups to me.

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
Since Christine probably buys them from one of the same retailers that I do :), I’m going to guess they are the 520 or 550ml ones. I think that’s around 20 fl oz
Closer to 18oz. Good to know. You folks are going to have to adjust estimates if you get US recommendations; I'd guess that cup might produce half as many FFs as our 32oz cups.

I make three cups each week for ~50 frogs and most feedings I have many FFs to spare.

Reactions: Christine86

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Since Christine probably buys them from one of the same retailers that I do :), I’m going to guess they are the 520 or 550ml ones. I think that’s around 20 fl oz
😄 I think we use the same retailer indeed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So... yesterday I went to a breeder that lives very close to me. He showed me al his frogs, froglets, plants, and fruitflie cultures. I got a lot of information about the frogs, almost to much to remember it all o_O

But in the end I got home with 0.0.4 Dendrobates Auratus Birkhahn :love:.They're still settling in,but I've seen all four of them and I've seen that they were eating the springtales. So they're like 3-4 months old now, little bit younger then I expected. First I had in mind to feed them fruitflies like 3 times a week, but is that enough at this young age?

This is the boldest of the four, also the one that jumped the wrong way (out of the viv :eek:) when I was putting them into the viv. The other ones are to shy at this moment

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
This morning I made two movies of two frogs that where eating some fruitflies. Maybe not so special for you guys, but I enjoyed watching it. Warning, it's not the best quality.

The 2nd frog is in the back of the viv on a plant leaf:

Same frogs but the frog in the back is now on the wooden vine:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Got plant mail today :love:

I bought a couple of orchids, I hope they will give some nice flowers. I didn't expect the size of the big one on the right, I took a little pup of it and put the rest in the windowsill :LOL: The fittonia was for free,this was the third time I bought something from this webshop and always got something for free.

The big orchid already has a nice flower:
IMG_20210408_124429[1].jpg

cute little orchids:

IMG_20210408_124441[1].jpg

And by far the smallest orchid I've ever seen (the one on the right):

IMG_20210408_124447[1].jpg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Time for some new photo's