Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally cleared up the glass and got some decent frog photos to post up. Let me know what you think of them.

Full tank shot:

Tech specs: All shots taken with a Canon 60D. The "frog portraits" were taken with a 100mm f2.8 (non IS) at f/4, 1/60s, ISO1600, handheld with the focus set to "AI servo", with minor cropping.

I'm still new at this, so I would appreciate any pointers or suggestions.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i really like your tank. if it were me i'd get rid of the blue though and use some black paint or contact paper. black just looks a ton better.

i might like to see some bits of leaf litter as well

the tank has the look of an aquascape. the hardscaping is great and the planting looks fantastic as well. good work

james

·
Registered
586 Posts
^ what he said.

You can even frost the back so its not super distracting and not complete covered. It might end up looking really unique. It looks like you have some leaf litter off to the side. I would just leave it as is, the wood looks like there's a ton of spots to hide in.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
I love the minimalist aspect! Great looking Viv! No leaf litter in there if it were me. But if you want them to breed you will need to add somewhere for them to lay eggs

·
Registered
136 Posts
By the way, I also wanted to tell you how great the photos look. I appreciate the Exif info as well. That 100mm is a FANTASTIC lens huh?:D
Best Wishes,
Nate

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I think it looks great too! I'm really liking the simplistic look of it. Sometimes less in better. What size tank is it?

·
Registered
841 Posts
beautoful tanks love the low mounded look without any high distractions. agree that if would be really enhanced with a better backdrop. in keeping with the look of the tank i would go with a single dark/neutral color or black.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm afraid that it's too late to change the background color. It is painted on and I'm sure most of it will peel off pretty easily, but some of the paint bled up under the plastic rim at the top of the tank. I don't think I will be able to get that paint out, and I think it would look goofy to have a few bright blue spots left.

When I first set up the viv, I had an old plastic background that was black on one side and blue on the other. I tried the plastic background both ways and personally, I liked the blue background a lot better.

There is some leaf litter in the back and on the sides but not too much. I have been intending to add more but haven't yet.

What size tank is it?
It's a 75 gallon aquarium.

Could we get some plant closeups and species names?
I don't have any plant close ups yet but here is a species list. This tank used to be a high light planted tank, so I thought it would be fun to grow aquatic/emersed plants in the viv.

HC (Hemianthus callitrichoides)
Lobellia cardinalis 'small form'
Hygrophila polysperma 'sunset'
Echinodorus quadricostatus
Echinodorus 'red diamond'
Echinodorus 'midifleur'
Subwassertang
Fissidens fontanus
trident java fern
needle leaf java fern
Anubias petite
Riccia fluitans

There are also a few plants that showed up by themselves, and I have no idea what they are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts