Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my first frogs yesterday from Patrick Nabors, a sexed pair of blue and black D. Auratus. They are absolutely beautiful. I was a little annoyed with the fedex people when I went to pick them up because they guy who went to look for my frogs, found the box upside down and felt it was appropriot to spin the box 3 times in his hands to get it right side up.. but anyways I got them back to my dorm and they immediately hopped out of their cups. I keep wanting to look in every 5 secconds but I know I am supposed to leave them alone for a bit.

The only thing i am still unclear about is when I should start feeling them. I was thinking today since they have been in for 24 hours, thoughts? Also, as adult frogs, I keep reading that some people feed every other day or feed every day, I always thought that you were supposed to feed everyday but I am not sure. Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
Congrats on the new frogs!! They are beautiful!

I got my first frogs this summer and what was suggested to me was to let them settle in for a couple of hours before feeding them. This seemed to work well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
they are lovely. just gorgeous!! and I'm no help on feeding. No frogs. Yet.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Beautiful! Grats!!

They look like they are well fed and should be fine if you wait until later or tomorrow or whenever, to feed them. I'm one of those who feeds every day, but, I feed smallish amounts rather than dumping in a hundred flies.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use to keep a wide variety of fish and i'm more of a small feedings kind of person lol. Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Gorgeous. Congrats on your first frogs. :)
I would try feeding them a bit of food tomorrow. They might not eat right away but at least they'll have the opportunity.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to feed them a bit and they ate quite a bit, they look so awsome feeding! Anyone have an opoinion on covering the sides of the sides of the tank with black construction paper so only the front side is actually open? I've heard mixed reviews on this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well i painted the side with a acrylic paint and the seemed to calm down alot! It seems they fell more secure when the can only see out the front!

·
Registered
108 Posts
<- Jealous...

Super nice! Enjoy those! Hope all continues to go well with the feedings! Post us some more pictures of these beauties at some point.

Thanks,
-FoxHound

1 - 9 of 9 Posts