Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a milestone for me... my first froglet. It's an SI froglet which just today finally finished absorbing it's tail. No, it does not have SLS... it's leg is just underneath it. It has very little color, but that should change soon . As you can see it has a nice buffet of springs it's already munching on. I have another one morphing out which should join this guy soon.

One question, how long does it take these guys to start coloring up?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey congrats proud poppa!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Congrats Mitch! How much older is that from the tads I got from you? Looks like an awesome springtail buffet!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats Mitch! How much older is that from the tads I got from you? Looks like an awesome springtail buffet!
I believe a month or so. How large are the back legs on your tads? Any coloring yet?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Happy for ya!!... One of many for sure!!.. <both on the tricolors AND other frogs>,..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Nicely done. If you feed them daily and give them ample room they will mature in a few months (and grow at an incredible rate). No need really for springs as they should be able to take melanogaster oow. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Hey Mitch
Congrats. These were the first communal tads I have reared. My setup is a 20 long with an undergravel filter. I have tons of almond leaf litter in the water and pothos as land. They morphed out incredibly fast for me and the young were the largest froglet to adult ratio of any I have seen. They were a third the size of adults. They take a long time to color up. My adults are over 18 months and are finally really nice colors.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts