Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a new thread for my build.

The rock in the middle seems out of place. I'm sure I'll cover it with foreground

Going to try to use a wire wheel for most of the foam when it sets.

Not sure yet if it was a bad idea to not include the manzanita branches as part of the foam background.

20201120_205655.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roughed it up with a wire wheel, some razor blades, and a butter knife.

Applied the silicone and made a mess. Not sure how to clean it off the glass yet. Won't know how good/bad it is until it dries and I can shake off the loose fiber.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I use razor blades to remove silicone from glass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use razor blades to remove silicone from glass.
Is there much risk to scratching the glass?

I'm thinking tomorrow it should be dry enough to tip the tank up and get the excess off and see where I missed. It already looks like I missed the left side where the foam separates from the tank.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Is there much risk to scratching the glass?

I'm thinking tomorrow it should be dry enough to tip the tank up and get the excess off and see where I missed. It already looks like I missed the left side where the foam separates from the tank.
Eh probably possible, though I've never scratched my glass. Could also try a windshield scraper. Dry paper towel can work as well in getting silicone to ball up a bit which makes for peeling it a bit easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good enough for me. Still got some thin layers of silicone to scrape off and wait for that smell to go away.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Razor blades won’t scratch the glass because the glass is harder than the blades are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Siliconed the netting to the vents. Thanks for the advice.

Changed out the old halogens for the Josh's frog leds

Laid the substrate. I still need leaf litter.

Looks much nicer planted. Most plants weren't named so I had to guess at foreground and background. Not married to their current positioning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Somehow forgot the, emerald green? after I planted everything so added it after. The one just in front of the left most rock incase you didn't see a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts