Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here it is... but along iwth this, i have a few questions.

How often should an azureus be fed?

and also, what do I have to do to get the frog over the border... (US-CAN) Just sneak it? :wink: or do i have to get some papers or somthing...

Thanks,
Anyfeedback on the cage would also be nice.
Geoff

wait a sec..... how the hell do i get pictures on here....[/img]

·
Registered
793 Posts
to post a picture:

'
'

Just remove the tick marks before each IMG tag and change the domain name and path, that should do the trick.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I think you would have to have CITES paperwork to do it legally. It would probably be easier and cheaper to get you're azures from a canadian breeder.
As far as smuggling, I don't endorse it, and I don't think the fuel door would work (you were kidding right?) If customs thinks you are carrying something you shouldn't, they could literally tear you're car apart in a search.
A while back, my Aunt and Uncle had their car searched at the US/CAN border, and they went so far as to remove the dash...anything that looks like it could be hollow is suspect.
Try understory enterprizes. I think I have seen (here) some lesser known people (in Canada) working with what you are looking for too.
Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no way for understory.. Good guy... but its gonna cost me 110 bucks, PLUS 90 dollar shipping. There is no way... Ill contact CITES i guess

thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
One way to offset the cost of shipping and CITES fees as well (I think) would be to order as many frogs as you can. For example 90 shipping from understory for two frogs works out to 45 a frog. Most breeders will ship multiple frogs for the same price as a single one (up to a point, of course).
Maybee you could post an ad here to split an order with people in you're area, or if you go with importing them you'reself, there are probably other people in canada that would like some frogs from the U.S., that way you could split the fees.
Just an option.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmm, I would be interested in splitting the cost of shipping...and I live in Vancouver also. I am planning on getting two cobalt tincs sometime in July (I think). When are you planning on ordering yours.
(If you want to split the cost, great, if you don't, don't worry, I know of another possible place (the one I PMed you.)
-Beeswaxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts