Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I was considering trying to convince Wes to trade for one of my less colorful males and some cash until I found out he got it from Mark Pulawski, who, as everyone knows, only has 7 vivs, which made me question his ability to properly ID any frog. :D
that male is intense

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Great looking cristos man! Mine are dark red like that but have more like a powder blue on their legs and feet. I like how dark yours are.

Of course this is what there is to love so much about pumilio, so much vaiability, even amongst specific types.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Great looking cristos man! Mine are dark red like that but have more like a powder blue on their legs and feet. I like how dark yours are.

Of course this is what there is to love so much about pumilio, so much vaiability, even amongst specific types.
The variability is intriguing. Over the past year or two I have definitely come to realize that sometimes pumilio from completely different, unconnected populations look amazingly similar. Say for example, some of the colon populations and popa populations, and even populations on separate islands like cayo de aqua and popa, or bastimentos and solarte. Furthermore, its hard to go off just a few pictures because only a few randomly collected specimens sometimes fail to capture the array of variability amongst a population. I have seen some christos from this import that look much different than the ones pictured. But I guess you never know if they were all collected from the same population in the wild imports.

·
Banned
1,347 Posts
From the pumilio I've seen in the wild, very variable. Often two completely different frogs within a few feet of one another. It is well worth a trip to Central America, any day.

The variability is intriguing. Over the past year or two I have definitely come to realize that sometimes pumilio from completely different, unconnected populations look amazingly similar. Say for example, some of the colon populations and popa populations, and even populations on separate islands like cayo de aqua and popa, or bastimentos and solarte. Furthermore, its hard to go off just a few pictures because only a few randomly collected specimens sometimes fail to capture the array of variability amongst a population. I have seen some christos from this import that look much different than the ones pictured. But I guess you never know if they were all collected from the same population in the wild imports.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Marcus Breece at SNDF has a couple of photos of some incredible Cristos he imported in 2010 that had blue mixed in with the orange.

Here's the link. Look at the bottom row of photos.

Simply Natural Dart Frogs: pumilio Price List

Here is the photo from Marcus's site showing the one with the most blue. I hope he doesn't mind me posting his photo. It does have his copyright watermark. It is a stunning photo.

SNDF Cristos 1.jpg

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Marcus Breece at SNDF has a couple of photos of some incredible Cristos he imported in 2010 that had blue mixed in with the orange.

Here's the link. Look at the bottom row of photos.

Simply Natural Dart Frogs: pumilio Price List

Here is the photo from Marcus's site showing the one with the most blue. I hope he doesn't mind me posting his photo. It does have his copyright watermark. It is a stunning photo.

View attachment 27264
Yeah, I remember seeing those too, they are great looking. Its unfortunate that we didn't have better site data for the christobal imports. Who knows what populations came in, if those pops are overlapping, we won't even mention the 'mainland cristobal's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts