Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here some pics of my collecting trip, I hope it works cos is the fist time I try to post pics

http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/11033/thumb_111_1101.JPG

the most interesting for me was that, the collecting activities is vertical due to the mountain landscapes, not like in Iquitos (where I live) where is horizontal...

http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/11033/thumb_110_1091.JPG

San Martin weather is less hot than Iquitos and less humid, about 5 pm when the fog starts, it makes the weathe even cold

http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/11033/thumb_111_1109.JPG

The best way to transport the collected frog is in plastic bottles the ones we use for 2 liter soda (coca cola or similar) with some plants and of course some holes

Very nice place

G

·
***MAKING PICTURES VISIBLE FOR RYALAN***

ryalan said:
Here some pics of my collecting trip, I hope it works cos is the fist time I try to post pics...

Very nice place

the most interesting for me was that, the collecting activities is vertical due to the mountain landscapes, not like in Iquitos (where I live) where is horizontal...

San Martin weather is less hot than Iquitos and less humid, about 5 pm when the fog starts, it makes the weathe even cold

The best way to transport the collected frog is in plastic bottles the ones we use for 2 liter soda (coca cola or similar) with some plants and of course some holes

Very nice place

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Making visitle the images

Thanks for your help...
How did you do it..??
I think I make a mistake trying to post the thumbnails... is that right..??

Thanks again

Raul

G

·
Ryalan:

Awesome pictures!!!! I wish I could live in Peru and take those kind of "trips" on the weekeds :D :D :D !!!!! What other darts have you seen/taken pictures of? Have you seen any Epip. species or any Lamasi in their wild habitat?

ryalan said:
Thanks for your help...
How did you do it..??
I think I make a mistake trying to post the thumbnails... is that right..??

Thanks again

Raul
When you post pictures you post the properties (http:dendr, etc.....)of the image itself. You do this by right-clicking over the enlarged image and copy the properties to paste between this

The properties you posted were from the address bar. Hope if helps (if it doesnt let me know & I can explain it to you further).

·
Registered
882 Posts
I dont want to bash you or anything but is it legal to collect frogs where you live?

You say you live in peru and it would be so cool if you set up some setups like greenhouses and bred them in there like in panama!THAT WOULD BE AWSOME! I would buy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Collecting activities

Thanks for you support to post directly the pics
Well, the answer to the question about legally activity.. is Yes if you collect the frogs for collection or for breeding purpouse, and NO for sell or trade wild ones. I just collect the ones I need for my own breeding program

·
Registered
882 Posts
THAT LOOKS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I WISH I COULD DO THAT!!! I WILL HAVE TO CONVINCE MY FAMILY TO TAKE ME TO PERU :wink:

So you said you had a breeding program so my question is do you or can you sell frogs?(to america)

Wow i am still so jealous

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sure your wife will love the wild rain forrest

That time Gabriela was just my girlfriend, after that trip... we fomalize and now she is my wife and our first daughter is going to born next week..!!!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
steelcube said:
Raul,

Thanks for sharing... great shots!! Congrats on your new baby!!
Yes Raul,

Steven beat me to it but congratulation on your marriage and baby. Thank you very much for sharing these pictures. I would welcome any other information you might want to provide about habits and habitats of these frogs.

I'm jealous too. The only things we have around my house are grizzly bears, wolves, bison, moose, and elk. Nothing cool ever happens here :wink:

G

·
I know that Waterfall!! I like Tarapota, it was a very nice place to stay, but the only place we ate is at the REAL cafe.
You will be getting a PM, have a question about the fant.
Nice shots and congrates btw!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts