Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a pic of my bastimentos enjoying his new home. theres also a pic of the new viv, its not quite done yet needs some more work. Can anyone maybe tell from the pic if the frog is male of female? ive had it for over a month and no calling yet.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a rabbits foot fern i use it mostly to cover the outlet for the humidifier thats underneath the tank. I built the tank myslef its 36Lx22Wx26H with two holes drilled on the bottom one for drain and one for the humidifier. There is also a pool to the left that doesnt show in the pic because it isnt totally done. its going to be a small cascade with a little river. The pool is about 6 inches deep with a glass on top that leaves only about 1/4" water level for the frogs to walk on so they dont drown.Heres a pic of it so far im not to happy with it yet so it might change a little bit.Theres also a pic with humidifier on

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey ryan i see u also have sugar gliders and live in fl as well. what part in fl u live?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Man, that tank is huge! I really need to get a display tank again, just need to find some space for it lol. I thought that fern looked familiar. I don't have a tank large enough to house one, but they are very nice. I think you could still plant the one side a little more, but like you said you aren't done with it yet. Where did you get all the moss from? Also, how did you build up the land on the one side?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the other side isnt done yet but i was thinking of planting something that would climb the glass instead of using cork. and i was thinking of maybe planting something like some orchids in that side. but not too many plants. On the left i built up by constructing a frame from the crate thats used in lighting from home depot. And i filled it with styrofoam peanuts so it could hold weight. and then pretty much sphagnum ten live moss. Yea that moss came in great. i got it from a local guy here that grows it. Let me know if u want some i can get u some dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
To me that frog looks like a female, is there a darkend area on the throat? Nice frog and tank.

·
Registered
210 Posts
where exactly did you got the moss from because i would like some...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got it from a local flower supply wholesaler in miami i can sell u some of what is left over theres like 8 lbs of it left over. About the frog it doesnt seem to have a dark spot on the throat. Im pretty sure its an adult and i never heard it call

1 - 12 of 12 Posts