Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, some sad news today. My blue Azureus died out of nowhere and I have no idea why.

Here’s a little history, I became a first time dart frog owner when I purchased my two babies over two years ago at my local reptile store. I adopted one leucomela and one blue azureus and a pretty cool vivarium. I made the mistake of not doing nearly enough research prior and discovered online that you can run into problems when housing two different breeds of dart frogs together. I decided I would keep a close eye on them and if they showed signs of aggression I would separate them and they actually seemed to be kind of friends. I would often find them sleeping together and following each other around.

Anyways, they have been doing well for over two years and something has changed quite quickly. They have had more or less the same regimen since I got them so I’m not sure what’s happening. I use reptisafe water conditioner when I mist them, I feed them pin head crickets and fruit flies every few days and dust with repashy vitamin every other week or so. It has been a bit colder here recently and their temps have fallen into the mid sixties but nothing they haven’t gone through the last couple winters (I do have a heat lamp). My azureus has always been the more active and outgoing of the two so his passing was extremely shocking and since then my leuc also seems to not be doing well. My azureus has always had a healthy appetite and they really seemed to be doing well until about 5 days ago. I’m not sure if it’s their temp, the viv, the repashy, the food, or the reptisafe! Help!! Can mold or things grow in vivs that are dangerous?

My leuc seems very lathargic, non responsive, a little skinny, and with her two front legs kind of curled in which makes me feel like maybe there is a bone disease present which would be strange as I do supplement their food. Is it possible to over supplement?

Thanks guys, really don’t want to lose another babe!

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Please post pics of frog, entire viv, etc.
Size of viv?
Which Repashy vitamin, exactly? What are the exact dosing instructions on the label?
How do you check temps?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts