Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put them in there nicly planted 20gal setup and the female is chasing around the male around every where he goes. I was wondering if it is normal for the male to push the female off and act like he is not too intrested. They seem to stop there front feet allot and the female is stroking the male back when ever he lets her. Is this ok?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Depending on some other behaviors, this could be them courting. Does the male make a real queit buzzing sound? When he makes this sound the sides of his stomach will press in and out. You might also be able to notice if the middle toe on the back feet are tapping real fast (like noticed when frogs eat). If all these things are going on, chances are good that they may breed. My female strokes my males back alot around the coconut huts they are going to lay eggs in. Otherwise it looks like she is riding him around the tank for short distances. Hopefully this is what is going on, have you gotten any eggs from them before? Is this your first experience with breeding (hopefully) dart frogs? Good luck with them!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i dont hear a noise but i do see his sides go in and out. This is my first darts and bought a sexed pair from patrick like a week ago and just put them in there tank togather today. I kept them in a shoe box for 4-5 days and they eat well and always looked bored, so i thought i would chance them in there reg tank. The male seems more intrested in food then any thing. The female seems umm horny? she eat a few flies and went back to the hunt of the male who seems to want to get away from her :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, I listen didn't hear any thing at first. I cracked the lid open a bit and listen and low and behold i hear a very fiant buzz noise that last about 3 secs and stops then after a min hear it again. I wonder how old these two are?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Beriss said:
ok, I listen didn't hear any thing at first. I cracked the lid open a bit and listen and low and behold i hear a very fiant buzz noise that last about 3 secs and stops then after a min hear it again. I wonder how old these two are?
Ask Patrick. I'm sure he keeps records.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed him to get age and waiting on response. Im sorry im really pumped to get 2 frogs ready to get it on. :twisted: They went into the hut togather and been in there for awhile. The lights are about to go out on them soon so i hope they dont get mad about lights going out. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts