Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first vivarium in a long time and these two are my first darts. I really love them. They just laid their first two eggs for me today. Wanted to share some pictures. Also tossing in some of my trio Sonoran green toads because they're really cute. Sorry the pictures aren't that great. I've just got my phone for photos and the light from the viv messes with it a bit.

This is my male peeking out of his favorite spot in some magnolia leaves.

Here's one of the big healthy crypts that I stuck in there. They seem happy.

My tank. It's just a ten. I'd like to try a larger viv next.

Hunting.

These are my Sonoran green toads. They're really small, under two inches, and like to eat the same little food the darts eat.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll add some more next time I can pick up leaves from my dad's house. There were more, but then I went a little crazy adding plants and now I don't want to cover any of the little baby crypts that are poking their heads up out of the moss.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I promise to microwave the leaves :)

I agree they don't look like Sonorans. That's what they were sold to me as, but I haven't managed to solidly ID them. Apparently Sonorans can hybrize in some locations, too, which muddies it a bit more. I agree they resemble debilis. I'm gonna call the original source of these and ask about their breeding habits. That might help a bit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so even though the common name given for the toads was Sonoran, apparently the latin name the guy had was debilis. That settles that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sadly I don't know it. I got them from my boss's friend who got them from a guy who purports to have bred them himself. I'm very curious to know how, so I was planning to dig a little and see if I could get a contact email and ask him some questions.

They were being sold at the san jose show and my trio were purchased there, but then she discovered that the tank she had planned to put them in was needed for some snakes who turned out to be much much smaller than she expected and much sneakier. I know East bay vivarium sells them, but they're supposed to have gotten them from the mystery breeder as well. If I find out I wouldn't mind passing on the contact if that's ok with him.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was confused before because I thought that East bay vivarium had bred them themselves, but it turned out to be a private breeder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts