Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is such a used section I thought I would share my axolotls. I don't know a whole lot a bout them I try to get them live blood worms when the LFS has them but they eat frozen mostly. I think the tank is like 10g? its a weird plastic bow front so I am just guessing. They were given to me from a friend who raised them from babies.

· Registered
1,158 Posts
Michael Shrom (who is a member here) sells them regularly at eastern shows. He also mails them. There are hobbyist breeders too. I would check out the advert section on Caudata.org for more contacts. Best of luck - they are one of the most interesting amphibians out there.

· Registered
19 Posts
I keep and breed these little guys, they are so cute and easy to take care of. My exgf's favorite ones are the gold gfp ones that glow in the dark... I think the coolest part is that they regrow their limbs.. Now if I could only find out how to get that to work in humans :) Will post pics at some point; just kinda new to all the posting stuff

· Registered
1,233 Posts
Go to http://www.axolotl.org, as this is probably the best place online for accurate info on these guys. The second pic looks like the axo is stressed as his gills are standing up. What kind of setup and water parameters do you have?

Luke

· Registered
1,233 Posts
Pebbles often result in choking. Be careful.

Luke

Reactions: DendroKurt
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.