Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies to Rain Dart regarding her thread "hot topic". I have been exchanging some PMs with her and I believe she is honestly looking for information, just maybe not the best way regarding the subject.
Anyway, I was mistaken, I believe she is NOT a troll and I am apologizing for treating her as one.
Forgive me?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah, the OP seemed legit, that's why I took the time to actually answer the question... but for the record, I got a good laugh out of a few of the other comments. In the end, her question got answered, so hopefully no harm, no foul.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yeah, the OP seemed legit, that's why I took the time to actually answer the question... but for the record, I got a good laugh out of a few of the other comments. In the end, her question got answered, so hopefully no harm, no foul.
I think that it is a shame she was targeted and treated as a troll, but to be honest, all fingers pointed under the bridge. I think in the end, whether this person was treated with minimal exceptance and legitimacy to start is less important than showing the relevance of the search function, which was admittedly used. This just happens to be a topic people will always ask about, but that does not change that a simple search will clearly show the community's perception and opinions toward the topic.

I hope we have not dissuaded the OP for sure, but newbs should take the history for what it is.

I DO sincerely apologize to the OP of the mentioned thread. It is a shame she was intro'd in this manner.

JBear

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
After just reading that thread I would say that is a perfect example of how NOT to ask a question, especially naming it Hot Topic and then reading her totally bizarre replies.

John

·
Registered
502 Posts
After just reading that thread I would say that is a perfect example of how NOT to ask a question, especially naming it Hot Topic and then reading her totally bizarre replies.

John
After re-reading the thread I think it's a perfect example of how not to ask a question and ESPECIALLY of how NOT to answer a question. Like it was said by a mod on the thread, there are people of different ages, and experiences. It is expected that responses will be helpful, specially if they come from people with more experience. While I understand that the topic comes up WAY too often it does not provide an excuse for immature responses.

I think it is great that there is an apology; don't want to scare away people that are interested in the hobby.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It happened I think due to the activity of a certain imposter and criminal having us be on guard.
In addition, I think it was bad timing. There have been more than a few actual trolls starting what was basically this same thread lately. Seems like one every 2 or 3 weeks for that last couple/few months.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
In addition, I think it was bad timing. There have been more than a few actual trolls starting what was basically this same thread lately. Seems like one every 2 or 3 weeks for that last couple/few months.
And in talking to the mods.. from my understanding those trolls have been using ip hiding software and proxy servers to conceal thier identities... I can think of more than a few people who would want to see more flame wars and discontent on dendroboard.

Ed

·
Registered
235 Posts
These are perfect examples of why Im not too interested in sharing/asking. I love lurking through the build threads and classifieds, but seeing things like this is just frustrating. I hope no one was chased off. This is an amazing hobby, with rediculously rewarding animals that will constantly put a smile on our faces.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I had checked the thread a couple of times trying to decide if I wanted to go through the effort since it would probably be buried and lo and behold a good post showed up and answered the questions nicely and relieved me of any potential guilty feelings. The thead was closed before I could give verbal kudos.

Nice job.

Ed

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
These are perfect examples of why Im not too interested in sharing/asking. I love lurking through the build threads and classifieds, but seeing things like this is just frustrating. I hope no one was chased off. This is an amazing hobby, with rediculously rewarding animals that will constantly put a smile on our faces.
I have significant doubts that it drove anyone off.. first off because the thread really didn't end in a flame war. It actually was relatively polite and ended on a good term. Second if you read the OP in this thread, it would be clear that it ended well.

Ed

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Questions should be asked if you need answers. If anyone is afraid they are stepping into a potentially troublesome question, you can always ask in a PM. Anyone is welcome to PM me. I answer ALL PMs, though if I'm busy it may take 2 or 3 days. Usually it's faster. If it's a delicate subject, I'm glad to share what I know in private, other times, I may say it would make a good thread for you to start. A few times, I've started a thread myself about a question that seemed worth sharing.

·
Registered
316 Posts
=p you're very helpful as far as threads go too, I haven't had a single question where you haven't helped me, i have even gone through your threads for answers before i could ask them. and for that I thank you. I hope the girl didn't take every personally I must say I would be discouraged to come back to the boards after what she got

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She says she will be back.

Reactions: Zoomie
1 - 20 of 27 Posts