Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my American toad tank. Just moved them from a 10 gallon so they are enjoying the space. I actually don't even know if this one is a 20 or 30. I've never measured it. I am in the process of building a 75 with a rock wall. I might give that to them but it might be a bit over kill for a few toads. What do you think should I give it to the toads?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so I haven't seen one of them for a few days. Is that ok? I'm stating to get a little worried. He's normally not too shy and will sit out or keep his head sticking out of one of the hides. I keep the humidity between 60-70. hotside stays around 75-76 and coolside between 69-72. theres hides pretty much all the way across the back and everywhere but the front left corner has deep coco soil for them to burrow in and they usually do but they always come out for food. They also eat some of the coco soil too if I give them crickets. everything else i can keep in a little dish.

So should I be worried that I haven't seen one of them in 3 days or is it normal for them to burrow this long in the summer sometimes?

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
It is normal. Have you tried spraying the tank in the morning?

Btw, your tank is fine. Just get a couple of small native ferns.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I spray in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon if I run the fan. And i keep the moss moist so it gets some before lights out. I have a few cuttings that I'm trying to root.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts