Dendroboard banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2x Dendrobates leucomelas
34 Posts
Tank looks super cool. I had a question for you. I am in the process of getting my own 18*18*24, and I noticed that you have plants in a clear storage container. Did you QT them? If so, what was your process, and how do you care for the plants in a storage box like that?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Tank looks super cool. I had a question for you. I am in the process of getting my own 18*18*24, and I noticed that you have plants in a clear storage container. Did you QT them? If so, what was your process, and how do you care for the plants in a storage box like that?
I didn’t technically quarantine them. I stored them in the bin while I was completing my tank and then before I put them in the tank, I sanitized them. This involved rinsing all old soil off the roots, submerging them in water for 15m, then putting them in a bath of 5% bleach and water, then rinsing off the bleach and resubmerging them in water for another 15m.
I did get some dye off, so this stresses the plants, but its supposed to limit any hitchikers. After the rinse, I planted them bare roots into my terrarium

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Made a few changes... I got rid of two begonias that were really suffering. They had a lot of die off and weren’t so pretty. I replaced them with two different Begonias. One is an angel wing which I hope to become the focal point. The other was a Begonia Rex which has some puple irredecence.

I also seeded the sphagnum bases of most of my bromeliads with some live sphagnum moss. I’m planning on putting some moss in certain areas off the ground. Primarily on the cork bark ledges.

I also have a fireball Bromeliad, some Oak leaf Creeping Fig and a Pink wondering Jew on order. I want to get the Creeping fig covering the background. I think I may have space in there to fit the wondering Jew. Maybe.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Beautiful tank. Looks like it's going to get a bit overgrown before long. You may have to do some serious trimming.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts