Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started this Zoo Med Journal. July 5th. I need imput. feedback.

Day One. a nice 23" tube Cork bark tube. ( upright on left ) you can see the pump will fit in that little " cave" ( bottom left) tubing will be installed with elbow fittings and run through that cork round on the left all the way to the top. in the back and the water be coming out of the cork bark on the right. ( as if the water looks like it is coming out of the back wall)

I am using the standard Canopies ( designed for zoo med tanks ) with lightyourreptiles 25W lights..

I will update every week for the next 3 weeks. will silicon and peat moss the foam in 5 days. custom thick glass top with 1/2 hol drilled for Mistking misting prem nozzle.

Would love some feedback from you guys. Hope it looks ok so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has great potential, keep it up!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't wait to see it progress! I have a few questions though:
1. How do you plant to access the pump when the bottom is filled w/ substrate? Or do you not need to access the pump?
2. What is the cut in the background for? Is that for routing the waterfall piping?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to see it progress! I have a few questions though:
1. How do you plant to access the pump when the bottom is filled w/ substrate? Or do you not need to access the pump?
2. What is the cut in the background for? Is that for routing the waterfall piping?

The pump can be pull up through the cork bark as that back left piece is hallow!! All the way up to the top ( where a custom 6 x 6 glass flap door is hinged on the Top. ( the custom thick glass lids for 5 zoo meds ) broke my bank!! ( if you look close ( bottom left)

you will see a little cave at the bottom of the cork. You got it right.
The cut in the background is the routing for the piping ( and of course I will foam over that. When hardened. I will sand paper the foam to provide a rougher edge ( the silicon sticks better that way) the peat moss. I have a good elbow connector that will prevent any kinks in the top part of the tubing.

The whole concept ( hoping when finished) that the right cork bark is where the water is coming out of ( as if it's a continous stream coming out of the wall.

The bottom substrate will be half false bottom egg crate, ABG mix, and other half. 2 " aquatic bottom with duck weed.

I will post more on Sunday.. Hoping it comes together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts