Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting my froglets as well as 2 tads (all bl vents) I wanted something better to look at rather than a couple cups in a tank with heated water. So I UNFORTUNATLY used my beloved 10g tru vu tank that has been an ongoing project as an all in one sps reef tank but with so many new and older projects that have come up. So I am temperarely using the tank as my tad/morph tank.

I used 20#s of aquarium gravel
A 50w unbreakable plastic heater used for all my nano tanks
A thermo controller for the heater that is on the back and set to 75 degrees
Some coco/dirt/moss mix
And a 96w coralife 20" pc quad tube.
Some plant clippings
Spring tails
Bottled water only!

Basically just made a deep gravel bed with the heater covered in the gravel. And made 2 med size ponds in the gravel. And put a thick layer of dirt mix with a bunch of plants surrounding the ponds.

Blurry(itouch) but u get the point

I'll try to get better pics soon

·
Registered
599 Posts
I love it, I want to build everything I see on DB... Is that bad?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If u only knew how much money I put into hobbies because of forums. I dropped 7k on my truck to be ridin for free on vegetable oil haha the only hobby that actually paid for itself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after a night the ponds were 2 different temps. So instead of 2 ponds I have a large one with 3 tads. Since they will be fed often and will have alot more cover I think the tads will be fine. One is about 2 weeks from morphing one is about a month and one about 2 months. The seller was really cool and threw in an extra tad.

Tad pics later. A iPod touch is hard to get a good pic with. My G's one ROCK phone takes better pics

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Pretty good, how about a thick layer of oak leaves on the top? The frogs will feel more secure with more hiding spots, and the springtails might be given a chance to propogate.

Good job!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be collecting litter today. I've been blind so hard to spot it out. Bit my gf little brother will be my spotter.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Changed it up a bit. added 2 small planters in the dirt and covered them. So have 2 caves covered in plants and leaf litter.
Pics

Hard to see but it's a tad laying on the bottom.

Kinda see the 2 caves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts