Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a created gecko vivarium and noticed a few mushrooms pop up in the past. I know that this is normal but the whole drainage has been taken over. What should I do? All of the drainage was originally brown btw
Tree Soil

·
Registered
120 Posts
This can be a really good sign of beneficial bacteria in your vivarium. If the conditions are right to produce mushrooms/fungi, you are likely doing things right! Do you have a full tank pic? Just so we have an idea of how the conditions are around the mushrooms. :)

Gastrotheca
---------------------------
Crested Gecko 0.2.0

·
Registered
737 Posts
The white dot fungus has been mentioned on facebook groups these last few months. I believe it's been linked to some cheap new Zealand tree fern fiber. Some people have had success getting rid of it by drying their tank out a bit, but not everyone. Springtails seem to ignore it.

·
Administrator
4,604 Posts
Common issue in drier (than dart frog) vivs, it seems.

I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
There is no reason to believe that fungi, and spores in closed containment is ' a good sign'
All it takes for such, is Dampness.

Personally i remove them and avoid the floaty unknowns being respirated by my subjects.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've also seen those yellow/whitish balls pop up in my crested gecko tank. You can't really remove them like Kmc was trying to say but they've been here and there for about a month and a half and my gecko seems fine and I don't really care about the look too much. Just don't move substrates because then it will spread. I had some substrate that I grabbed while trying to change some isopod cultures and it spread to those and got pretty bad so I just tossed it out. There wasn't any isopods yet so it was fine.

·
Banned
2,454 Posts
I remember some canary yellow ones that um, erected themselves in what seemed quite sudden, and they happened to be in an upper environment directly at eye level.
There were a pair of polycrus lizards and i was standing there with a visitor and we were both just struggling in denial like we didnt see the perfect replicae until we both just looked at each other and burst out laughing.

She actually asked to take some home to show her roommates but they wilted almost immediately.
Too much pressure. Lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've also seen those yellow/whitish balls pop up in my crested gecko tank. You can't really remove them like Kmc was trying to say but they've been here and there for about a month and a half and my gecko seems fine and I don't really care about the look too much. Just don't move substrates because then it will spread. I had some substrate that I grabbed while trying to change some isopod cultures and it spread to those and got pretty bad so I just tossed it out. There wasn't any isopods yet so it was fine.

Schledog, do you have a picture of your crested gecko vivarium? I just like to see what all you guys do for your crested geckos. I like what I have seen!

Gastrotheca
---------------------------
Crested Gecko 0.2.0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts