Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a viv setup with three 'French Guiana' R. amazonica. I believe I have two females and one male. I setup a second viv next to the old one and got a pair (unsexed) of 'Iquitos' for it. They seemed relaxed until a few hours ago when the male in the old viv started calling.

Since then, both iquitos have been climbing the wall and trying to burrow on the wall adjacent to the old viv. Looks like they're trying to escape. They are both infinitely more active than I've ever seen my other amazonicas, which are all very cryptic. I'm worried that the new ones might be stressed out from being in close proximity to the same species in a different viv.

Has anyone observed this before? Or should I just chalk it up to them being stressed from their shipping?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you have 0.2 iquitos, I have a similar situation that one of my
Adjacent amazonica calling causes my 0.2 tank to start trying to get to the male, it’s a natural response, but you may want to separate the tanks by a meter if you want this behaviour to stop.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have 0.2 iquitos, I have a similar situation that one of my
Adjacent amazonica calling causes my 0.2 tank to start trying to get to the male, it’s a natural response, but you may want to separate the tanks by a meter if you want this behaviour to stop.
I don't mind the behavior, I just want to make sure it won't cause stress. I'd prefer to leave the tanks as is, so if it's not a big deal I'd rather leave them be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts