Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on moving my room around this weekend to make room for a new bed (exciting!), and the area it is going is where my 40 gallon auratus terrarium is right now. I am planning on moving it a grand total of 8 feet to the opposite corner of my room. There is 1 inch of gravel at the bottom with some water, then another 1-1.5 inches of dirt and one medium sized branch. How do you recommend I do this? I tried lifting it myself a minute ago and couldn't get it to move, but I plan to slide it off the dresser so that me and my dad can carry it the couple feet. Any ideas would be very helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would just advise that you would need to prepared that it could be very heavy. If there is water and you can remove it, i would do that, save you a few pounds, but not sure if this would be necessary if your only moving it 8 feet.

I just moved apartments and moved my 44gallon pentagon with me. It wasn't too bad. For long distance i used one of the flat little furniture dolly's and set it on top and just pushed it down the hall.

·
Premium Member
13,229 Posts
Get some help! Me and another person moved my 29gal azureus tank, and it has at least 100lbs of gravel in it. It was not easy, but we moved it and we had to go downstairs.

MarkJ said:
I plan on moving my room around this weekend to make room for a new bed (exciting!), and the area it is going is where my 40 gallon auratus terrarium is right now. I am planning on moving it a grand total of 8 feet to the opposite corner of my room. There is 1 inch of gravel at the bottom with some water, then another 1-1.5 inches of dirt and one medium sized branch. How do you recommend I do this? I tried lifting it myself a minute ago and couldn't get it to move, but I plan to slide it off the dresser so that me and my dad can carry it the couple feet. Any ideas would be very helpful, thanks!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Personally, I think the safest way is to take everything out. Look at it as a reason to do some re-designing. Tanks are fragile, and rely on an even distribution of weight. We can get around this with vivs because we're not getting anywhere close to the tank's maximum volume/weight. But if you are moving it around, there's a very high risk that it could crack the glass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
glad to hear that it all went well, if you ever get a bigger bed and need to move stuff again, you can try to put the tank on a roller cart, just put it on and roll it to where you whant it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts