Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving across town.. and have a 18x18x24 ZooMed with a pair of cristobal's that are currently caring for tadpoles. The drive should only take about 45min.. This tank does not have many "loose" parts.. and I would feel pretty safe keeping the frogs in the tank during transport.

How should I do this? I was thinking about possibly stuffing some of the axils with polyfill or something similar, to keep the tads from sliding out?

This pretty much sucks.. It's their first successful clutch, and I would really hate to loose any tads.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I agree with Mark...remove the frogs, one unforeseen pothole could just prove enough to dislodge some clay/greatstuff and do some harm. As for the tads...maybe hold off on misting a day or two before to let the water level in the axis drop some then, as stated above, hope for the best....good luck!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I agree, cup the adults. I would cup the tads too. If you know exactly which part of the brom they are in, use a turkey baster to suck them out, then put them back in the same one after the move.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Overall, just be very careful in moving the frogs and tads. Maybe have someone help you keep an eye on them during the move.

I currently am in college and have had to move my Cobalt tinc a few times. (only once every 6 months) due to semesters so not often. But i have my girlfriend basically watch the little guy when I pack up for home when school is over. So maybe set the tank in a secure location in your car if you cant remove the tads and have a friend or someone watch the tads during transport if you can

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice! The worse part (for the tads) is that I've got about a half mile on a dirt road till I hit concrete.

I do know the location of a couple of tads.. Would removing them, and placing them in the exact axil they where in do more harm then good?

THANKS!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I've never moved pums, except across the room. That said, I found a tad that had fallen into the leaf litter. I put him in a film canister and stuck it to the side of the tank. The parents are feeding him!

Just something to consider. Maybe it's better to remove them for the trip, especially given the dirt road, and then put them back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts