Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this am when I came into work, both Louise and Cheryl were hanging out in the brom!! Cheryl actually LIVES in the brom, somewhere way down in the base. Its weird how she disappears into the base.

I took a really bad cell phone pic of Louise. I apologize for the quality. I need to clean the glass and get a decent camera.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Nice Beth...such cool geckos! Did you happen to put in a cork tube? I would say my girls glued 90% of their eggs to the corkbark.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Field, have I mentioned I LOVE your name?

I have a corktube on the ground so I can take it out should we have eggs in there. So far, they do not venture down that far- they stay inside the cholla and in the brom and in this one planter cavity I decided to leave open.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Why thank you madam, its short for Litchfield.
You may be better off leaving the eggs in the tank...conditions should be good for incubation. The adults may eat some of the young, but they are very prolific, you won't even notice any missing. You will be overrun with babies even if you don't pull the eggs.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are trying to avoid the cannibalism!!! I've not accepted the death that goes along with keeeping herps yet!!
Litchfield is someones last name? I think those work well for first names but if I weren't too late, I'd consider naming my kid Field.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Well I guess it is quite noble to pull the eggs. Hopefully they will lay on things that can be pulled...its really hard to get the eggs off without breaking them. I never saw an adult eat one of the young and the guy that bred mine never pulled eggs either, but I'm sure cannibalism does happen. Just be ready for LOTS of eggs and babies...get those melano cultures cranking before you need them (which you will). That is really cool that they are using the brom, maybe they will lay on it so you can just cut a leaf when you pull eggs.
And yes Litchfield is a last name...kinda good you didn't name any kids that, gets annoying being called Phil and having to clarify by saying Field....like a baseball field:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Field, i hear they will eat any eggs we break too, so thats good,.

My viv has a screen top, so I'm not feeding ff - we are doing mini-mealworms and crested gecko diet. at the urging of a new friend here, I am going to create my first FF culture, so that may change.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The melanos would be for the hatchlings, they don't always take to the CGD right away. Cant wait to see some egg pics (soon I'm sure:))

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone tell mbd that fruit flutes are not really animals, just ugly food that moves

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone tell me that fruit flutes are not really animals, just ugly food that moves

1 - 10 of 10 Posts