Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to mount broms? I have seen them attached epiphytically (sp?) and on the floor of a terrarium. If epiphytically is the way to go, how do i go about doing it?

Thanks!

G

·
i would suggest duct tape.......

not really, but i have always wanted to try that :lol:

Depends on what your background is. i have a few orchids mounted on a tree fern panel that i just used plastic "zip ties" or cable wraps to make a loose loop to hold them untill they took hold. some people use loose wire, and some people even use tooth picks or fishing line. pretty much anything that will hold it up without damaging the plant.

But duct tape would be fun

G

·
There are several different ways. Fishing line, toothpicks, zip strips/cable ties, silicone and wire. I actually found these long staple like things at Wakmart in the floral arrangment section. They worked great for mounting broms in a tank I did for a friend. I used them to mount them on branches, by drill 2 holes to stick them through and also for mounting them on the foam/welbond/soil background. If you want, I can see what they are called. if you do the silicone, just put it on the hard root part of the plant. You'll have to either hold them in place for quite a while or flip the tank on it's back and just set them in it to cure.

mindcrash said:
What is the best way to mount broms? I have seen them attached epiphytically (sp?) and on the floor of a terrarium. If epiphytically is the way to go, how do i go about doing it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I have also used the floral pins, work great with any soft background. If I am attaching them to branches or something, I try to use crevices in the wood. If I can't do this, I have used floral wire and fishing line... both are harder then just sticking it in a crevice or a hole (could drill holes for them). I would just try a couple, and see what works for you.

G

·
I also use the floral arrangement pins, like peaceofthetropics said, they look like long staples. If I am putting up something very small and light I will clip off the long parts of the pin and then it looks more like a regular staple and you don't have to push it in as far. I think they are like 99 cents and you get a ton of them.
Rhonda :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts