Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i have been remodeling the house and now it has come time to do floors:mad:

so in order to do that all Vivs need to be moved. so i thought id move them into their own room while all this takes place. this will also help level temps and allow them to be a bit warmer in the winter than i like to keep the whole house:D

i tried to to keep it as realistic as possible with the FF cultures, lights, and such. was a fun project for 4 or 5 hours :eek:

there is an exhaust system drawn into the rack that i think would help keep the room cool and pull heat from back in the cabinet space.then just push it up through the attic. not 100% sure on controls yet, i dont want to pull all the heat in the winter and cold in the summer and shoot it into a attic:rolleyes:, so maybe a thermostat in the cabinet will control the fan.

if you want to see it in sketch up its here
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=491f3a766bd4c650c689f304936da7b&prevstart=0

here is the before pic of the room before , filled with a mess of the business stuff and shipping (and was used as storage for stuff as we were remodeling:rolleyes:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
i love it, man. this is (eventually) what i'd like in my own home. problem is, i also want a guitar room, and i'm not entirely sure how that's going to work. anyway, this thing looks great. definitely post pictures when you complete it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
and the case of corona tops it all off.

Reactions: ryan10517

·
Registered
436 Posts
well in that case, why not put a fridge in there to keep it cold? :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice design! The corona made me chuckle out loud. :D What did you use to draw it out?

Keep those pics coming! I'm eager to see how the stages and finished product will come out!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
the computer workstation with the giant vivs on either side is wonderful.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Google sketch up it's free and easy and accurate. Quite a powerful tool when you apply a little time. You can use features that will tell you sqft you need or the tape measure will give you exact measurements as long as you drew it correctly

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks incredible! I'll join the earlier comment that the beer looks great! Although, if you pull it off you'll need a bigger reward than 6!

·
Registered
725 Posts
awesome design man! this is about the only thing i use sketchup for. I'm a CAD student, so i use a lot of 3d modeling programs. Google doesn't have anything on autocad, inventor, or pro engineer, but i still give a lot of respect to sketchup just because of quick project like this. good luck with your frogroom, it looks great! Again, nice work.

Ryan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.