Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wanted to know, what are the most frequent causes of frog death for you guys?

thanks,

bluetip

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bluetip,
I think Joe is saying that keeper's errors are reponsible for the frog's death. And I would agree! ie. feeding, temp, humidity, supplements, stresses, etc.
Mike

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
In general, buying imports and not giving them the proper meds or care.

Personally, accidents are the major reason for mortality with my collection.

Justin

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh!

hehe, pretty slow...this is what we call here LPU or "low pick-up unit"... :oops:

Of the factors though that you mentioned below, aside from food which is an obvious...which is the most often problems that one would encounter? Is temperature a real major stressor? As I live in a tropical country, my temperatures are a standard 75degrees-80degrees...is this going to be a real problem for me if ever?

thanks

bluetip

G

·
Blue,

Sorry about that... I can be a little obtuse. Keeper mistakes are definitely #1. Everything from fruit fly shortages to escapes to temp fluxes to other conditional mistakes are common problems. The temps you desribe are a little high, but if you can find a cool spot in your house that stays pretty constant, you may be able to make it work. Heat spikes can be a serious problem, so plan accordingly. Good luck!

~Joe

bluetip said:
oh!

hehe, pretty slow...this is what we call here LPU or "low pick-up unit"... :oops:

Of the factors though that you mentioned below, aside from food which is an obvious...which is the most often problems that one would encounter? Is temperature a real major stressor? As I live in a tropical country, my temperatures are a standard 75degrees-80degrees...is this going to be a real problem for me if ever?

thanks

bluetip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts