Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a reliable source for pillow moss? Black Jungle never seems to have it and the stuff I got from T&C was terrible quality, wrapped in newspaper, and full of ants. I love the look of live moss and am getting ready to gear up a new project. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thats strange. My moss from T&C was great. Yes it was wrapped in newspaper, but it was great! Most pillow moss is taken from the wild, and no matter where you get it from will probably eventually have some insects. I have ordered 4-5 times from T&C and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The moss I got from T&C was also great, so I would try them again or look around for some other people (Peace of the Tropics/Custom Ecos). Why is the fact that it was wrapped in newspaper bad? Also, sand and bugs will come with the moss since it is taken not really grown... but some cleaning and rehydrating should bring the moss back (it is cheaper to ship it dry, as it weighs a lot less).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also got great moss from T&C. It's been in my viv for about three weeks now and is doing very well. I'm sorry that you had a different experience.

·
Vendor
2,863 Posts
Is it true that moss from northren states needs a dormant period every year? I have some moss near me that I want to use, but not if it is going to die every year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts