Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is atleast 1 good moss thread going now, and it seems like its one of the more common topics. Maybe its time it got its own caresheet or sticky. Might include blatter/liverwarts and ultrics too? Or mabye just make it one big "ground cover" fact sheet.

could include experiences with moss types, like those sold by black jungle, and t & c. The "frog mosses" sold at some pet stores, sheet mosses. Tropical vs temperate. The myth that all temperate mosses need a dormant period. How to do the buttermilk thing and which mosses people have had the most success with. Various moss friendly substrates. Staying away from hard water, telling if its getting enough light. collecting local mosses, kyoto spores.... pics of various moss types that people have had success with. etc..etc...

im not very good at starting things but if someone gets it going i think i have a fair amount i could contribute.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That does sound interesting, it would be nice to have all these things for people that really dont know too much about moss (like me :lol: ) im interesting in seeing where this goes
~S

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I'm currently working on one with permission to post a good number of very nice pics... actually it's a couple of different connected articles about moss... dried moss, live moss, types of moss, moss profiles... the topic "moss" tends to be too involved to do one general caresheet!

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Yeah when my basic "outline" turned out to be around a page... I knew it would be a little long for a caresheet :shock: Back when there was less choices in moss, it wasn't a big deal, but then... dried mosses, temperate mosses, tropical mosses, aquatic mosses, liverworts that have the same care as mosses AHHHHHHHHH. It's like writing a caresheet on FFs... not something you can do in a couple of pages if you want to actually get informative about it!

Now that I've got permission for some AWESOME pics, plus a couple of my own... I just need to carve out some time for it this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts