Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home today to find my first tadpole with front legs! As usual, timing is wonderful and I'm going to be gone this Fri-Sun. Will I need to try and find someone to watch after him (other tads look days away from their front legs popping too) and feed them while I'm gone, or are they going to be OK without any care for the weekend? They're E. anthonyi...

Thanks! Here's a pic of the little guy :)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Congrats man! Put him in a sterilite container with half sphagnum moss and half water. The tad will start to absorb it's tail quickly and will become acquainted with land soon. I've heard that SI's are particularly vulnerable to drowning if they are not placed in a morphing container once they pop fronts... so move the tad asap. I've also heard that while a metamorph is absorbing it's tail it doesn't need to be fed, as it is "feeding" when it absorbs the tail. I don't feed my tads at this stage and they all morph out great. Once they absorb the tail I feed them dusted melo's right away and they love them. Good luck!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, hopefully his tail lasts till Sunday night. He's in his morphing container in that pic, that became his new home about 5 minutes after I got home from work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts