Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a frog that I just aquired a few weeks back and is a much nicer frog than I exspected it to be. At first these guys were very skidish and hid all day but now (2 weeks or so), they are much bolder and actually allowed me a few pics of them. I was amazed at the almost chocolate color with the mint green lines. I just hope there is a pair out of the 3 I have. I shall see soon enough I guess. Happy froggin' everyone.

TonyT

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index.pl?photo=134862

·
Registered
170 Posts
looks nice but what it is? ive never heard of it. u think you can post some detailed pics of it, like dorsal pattern?

G

·
0 Posts
How old are the three that you have? I also have an E. Tricolor morph (St. Isabella), and have had one for about a year, and still can't be sure of its sex. I love the Moraspunga morph, so good luck with them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are about 6 months I believe. I got them from a guy who was downsizing his collection. Very nice frogs for him to put in the deal. Knew he had one but thought there were more. Once he broke the 125 gal tank down he actually found 3 and sent all 3 to me. I hear they are hard to breed but I will keep my fingers crossed.

TonyT

G

·
0 Posts
bhoff said:
How old are the three that you have? I also have an E. Tricolor morph (St. Isabella), and have had one for about a year, and still can't be sure of its sex. I love the Moraspunga morph, so good luck with them.
Female tricolors have a very pear shaped body the males are more slender
Brian Ferriera Jr
Plympton, Ma

·
Administrator
8,691 Posts
Anyone who was at IAD - what was the Tricolor morph that Sean Stewart had at his table?

I don't recall seeing the name before. The frogs were a little small to get a good feel for how they would look.

s

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Scott,

They were Pasaje morph. Great looking little morph as adults - I almost bought them.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Correct, they were Pasaje morph and I too almost bought them. They were a little small and so is my bank account lol, so I passed on them... for now lol. They have light green lines on a dark red/brown background, very cool looking if you ask me. I think Sean has pictures of them on his site.

Sexing tricolors seems pretty easy for me so far. Like Brain Ferriera Jr said, they females have a very pear shaped body. Also, at over a year in age I would assume that it is a female... as my males call all the time, too bad their isn't a girl in there with them :(.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts