Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some rescaping in the Azureus tank today to replace my asparagus fern. It started dropping needles a while ago, an din the last few days was looking really sad. I pulled it from the viv and stuck it in a pot.
My daughter and I found a mini african violet today at a local nursery, so after cleaning it it went into the spot the asparagus ferns were.
I have ordered some broms (4) that should be here in a few days (Thanks JP!) and wanted some opinions on where I should go with them! The mint viv I planned on leaving "bromless", but I'm not sure if I should add more broms to the empty tank. I'm hoping to some day get Vanzolini's for it.
Does the 55 look like it could use more broms in it?

Anyhow, here are the pics! Let me know where you think broms would look good- I'm horrible with them!

55 gallon- housing 3 d. azureus, currently has 4 broms, 2 cocohuts:

29 tall- housing 3 d. leucomelas, has 2 broms, 1 cocohut:

29tall- housing 3 mint terribilis froglets, no broms:

20L vert- housing 2 nominant imitators- 2 broms and 4 film canisters:

20L vert- no frogs, 1 tiger brom, 3 film cans:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These vivs are awesome... very nice job! The only thing I would add is some leaf litter to the leuc and mint terr tanks.
Thank you! The mint viv does actually have quite a bit of leaf litter, just the leaves have turned a dark brown in the past month.

I'm trying to get the seleginella to cover the ground in the leuc tank,so I didn't really want to add leaf litter to that one.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nice tanks. I really like the 55gal. Unless you have frogs that'll use the bromeliads for rearing young, I think the 55 looks great as is.

For the two 29gals, I recommend attaching the bromeliads to the branches. I've found it can sometimes be difficult to attach bromes to branches and keep them upright, but the affect is nice, like in your vert with the brome on a branch.

Mike

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am seriously considering pulling the branches out of the leuc viv and gorilla gluing some broms onto it.
I may look for some drift wood pieces to put horizontally across the other 20L vert and mount some to that as well.
Thank you for the suggestion!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you LittleDip :)

I got my new broms in, and they are awesome! (Thanks JP!)
Here's 4 of the 5. I didn't get a pic of the leuc tank where I put one temporarily until I get some gorilla glue to perminatly put it somewhere.

The 55 with Neo. Cheers added to the upper right corner:

Imi tank with Neo. Hot Tamale added to right side near the top:

Frogless viv with Neo. Red Vulcan and Neo. Fireball added:

I moved the one brom pup from my 55 to the mint tank- but didn't get a pic of that either. My favoite broms have got to be the Red Vulcan and Neo. Cheers. I thought the tanks were good with broms, but I may have been wrong :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts