Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy was positioned way up in the left corner of the background...about 2" from the door opening...he seemed more interested in a fruitfly crawling around on the roof (which he ate) than escaping. I have to nudge this particular guy off of the door when it comes time to feed...takes a few taps as he doesnt hop far....stubborn little guy!

and here is a shot of the oldest one at 5 months old...I believe it's a female. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice pics Bill,
At 5 months it won't be long and you should be hearing some calling if you have a male.I remember getting mine from Patrick back in 2002.I got them in October and by end of November had my first eggs.If I remember right they were close to 4 months old when I got them. Have fun.
Mark W.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave!

Actually, my setup is basically just a Nikon Coolpix 4300 with the stock lens. I practiced alot woth the camera to find what works and what doesn't. After reading a few reviews on budget point and clicks, I decided that the Nikon Coolpix line was right for me as they were said to do macros better than other cameras in their class. After owning and using this camera for that sole purpose, I couldn't agree more! Maybe one of these days I can afford a Nikon DSLR.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott,

I'm usually 3-4 inches away from the frog. The camera unfortunately doesn't have a swivel. Takes a lot of work to get these detailed shots.

-Bill J.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts