Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,586 Posts
Without any substantiated evidence, I'd have to say that that looks like a hybrid. I've had some shady dealings with that particular shop, and it wouldn't suprise me. I did a search, and could only find two references to "Montejo" Tinctorius, neither with pictures and I find it pretty unlikely that a retail pet shop would have something that rare. Someone is welcome to prove me wrong, though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The picture closely resembles the pics of I have seen of montejo morphs. It is hard to tell from the blurry picture, but I would guess it is labeled correctly. There is a large scale breeder producing these, so it is likely that a store would have some for sale. Either way I don't find it a particularly attractive morph.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I've never had any 'shady dealings' with LLL Reptile, but then again, the only animals I bought from them (my leucs) I bought in person. I haven't ordered any animals from them online, but I have ordered various supplies and everything worked out well.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I was talking to a friend who has been in the hobby for a long time, and theese are a legitimate morph, which were imported at the same time as inferalanis and alanis. They are larger than alanis but smaller than inferalanis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Montejo" is a misnomer for the Olemarie morph. The name Montejo refers to one of the importers who brought them in way back. However,
they are just Olemarie.

Will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Montejo" is a misnomer for the Olemarie morph. The name Montejo refers to one of the importers who brought them in way back. However,
they are just Olemarie.

Will

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Sure about that? There are many frogs that look similar that are not the same morph and come from different areas. Blue jeans and Almirante pumillio, for instance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
tell you you what i would do if i were realllllllllllly wanting to know about this tinc. i would call vanishing jewels. again they have them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts