Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
future home to some escudos?

its the big exoterra, 18"x24"x36" ... loaded it up with a whole mess of broms, layers of leaf litter in between soil, orchid bark, charcoal, sphagnum moss... dropped about 300 springs in after planting. next comes 3 different kinds of isopods (dwarf whites, grays, giant oranges). going to let it grow in and let the microfauna seed for a while, then pick up my first pumilio :) ...

just thought i'd share... thanks for looking, i'll keep the thread alive with bigger/better photos as time goes on.

brett

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
future home to some escudos?

its the big exoterra, 18"x24"x36" ... loaded it up with a whole mess of broms, layers of leaf litter in between soil, orchid bark, charcoal, sphagnum moss... dropped about 300 springs in after planting. next comes 3 different kinds of isopods (dwarf whites, grays, giant oranges). going to let it grow in and let the microfauna seed for a while, then pick up my first pumilio :) ...

just thought i'd share... thanks for looking, i'll keep the thread alive with bigger/better photos as time goes on.

brett
Very good start! Definately enough space for whatever pumilio you decide on. Good decision to let it establish for a while before you add your frogs. If I could give one suggestion, try to get some stuff mounted to the background. Its the only thing that looks a little bland. Be sure to update when you get your frogs.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah ... I'm pulling cuttings from my aeschynanthus and peperomia vines and pinning them in as we speak. Also, I have some creeping fig started along the back that I hope will spread like wildfire and cover up the ugly brown. it's a work in progress!

thanks for the comments!,
brett

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yeah ... I'm pulling cuttings from my aeschynanthus and peperomia vines and pinning them in as we speak. Also, I have some creeping fig started along the back that I hope will spread like wildfire and cover up the ugly brown. it's a work in progress!

thanks for the comments!,
brett
Good to hear. Tank looks great. Cant wait to see it when it is all grown in and has frogs in it! Keep up the good work, and make sure you continue to share your progress in the future.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I really like this size of exo, I don't have one but I've seen some and appreciate the dimensions.
I can imagine some pums being super happy in there with all those broms!
And the background will come together after your other plants start doing their magic :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts