Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a setup for my Azureus (that i get tomorrow!) and have noticed mold developing on the leaf litter and even a little on a piece of driftwood. My questions are these: is this normal? Will it do any harm? I thought maybe that since this tank is fairly new that this is part of its cycle.

Thanks!

G

·
yep i thinks its normal and dont think it will do any harm,i had the same thing in my vivs it will go away in a week or so
hamo

G

·
yes it is normal... If you have a established viv and you add a new piece of wood you can get another mold outbreak. It is just the 'eco' system stabilizing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have had this stuff spreading extremely quickly in my viv and would love to get rid of it. I have tried pulling the java moss off that it has spread too, but it just keeps on coming back, in addition I have increased the air flow throughout the tank, but that doesnt seem to stop it either. It just looks plain nasty.

Rob

G

·
When i did my first 2 tanks i got mold that was bright green and allot of spider webish white mold that stayed in there no matter what i did. After about a month or two it went away and is pretty much gone from sight.

·
Registered
665 Posts
With 4 always hungry azureus in there I don't think they would stand a chance.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts