Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stabilizing a 20 gal tank I have the leca in the bottom with a waterfall and heater installed there's no plants or animals yet just the background and there's mold on the wood, it's wood from the pet store that's meant for animals this is going to eventually be a dart fog tank what's the best way to inhibit the mold? For now I'll spray it with hydrogen peroxide that will kill it but I don't think that's safe when the fogs are living it... Tell me what you use?????

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Nothing. Mold is part of the natural cycle. This too, shall pass. Give it time and it will run it's cycle and go away. Spiking your viv with springtails will help, plus, in addition to being tank janitors, they will provide a secondary food source to your frogs. In the meantime, if it really bothers you, you can mist it with water to knock it back some.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Mold is normal, especially for new tanks. mold will not harm the frogs. that being said, the best way to get rid of mold is by seeding the viv with springtails and isopods. Keep in mind if the wood you purchased is grape wood then be aware that generally it does not stand up well in viv's due to the high humidity.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ill give it a few days see how it goes its still a tank in progress so there's no hurry to get rid of it I will be buying springtails before I get frogs though so they can clean the place up and get fat for the frogs to munch on lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts