Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just entered the hobby and am looking for info. Please me nice, its my first ever question about frogs. I love the red eye tree frog, and the darts! Can I mix them in my 100 gallon or will the need different tanks. If they will not mix can you please tell me why. And is there such thing as too big of a tank when it comes to these darts? If you have any other useful info please post below and inform me. I am not starting this hobby for another 4 months but I want to be knowledgable before hand. thank you i appreciate your time!:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The red eye's will eat the darts more than likely, so I'd say mixing would be a big no.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
The red eye's will eat the darts more than likely, so I'd say mixing would be a big no.
I would like to see the red eye tree frog that could eat an adult tinctorius or even an adult auratus.....

Ed

·
Registered
802 Posts
I just visited the source for the picture and had a good chuckle about the description :) I had always dreamed of dancing with my frogs, and that's now a dream that can come true. That's actually a pretty cool frog.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I just visited the source for the picture and had a good chuckle about the description :) I had always dreamed of dancing with my frogs, and that's now a dream that can come true. That's actually a pretty cool frog.
You missed your chance at the NAAC meet at Black Jungles open house/picnic, they had one donated and no one would bid on it. You could have had it for a song.

Ed

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I have just entered the hobby and am looking for info. Please me nice, its my first ever question about frogs. I love the red eye tree frog, and the darts! Can I mix them in my 100 gallon or will the need different tanks. If they will not mix can you please tell me why. And is there such thing as too big of a tank when it comes to these darts? If you have any other useful info please post below and inform me. I am not starting this hobby for another 4 months but I want to be knowledgable before hand. thank you i appreciate your time!:)
The question "can" is a much different question than "should." You _can_ mix them. Technically you _can_ put a munchkin cat and a great dane in the same small room. But you really shouldn't (certainly not as a beginner). There's a plethora of information around the board for specific reasons, as to why, far too much to summarize in a single post, so I'll sum everything by saying: please don't mix these. If you'd like specific reasons I recommend searching the forum, there are _so_ many posts about this.

I don't think I've ever heard of a tank being too big for your frogs. Too small, yes, but as long as it's set up right you should be fine going bigger.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
...I don't think I've ever heard of a tank being too big for your frogs. Too small, yes, but as long as it's set up right you should be fine going bigger.
Quite possible, if introducing very young frogs (recently morphed) into a large environment. I believe conventional wisdom would have one keep the frogs in smaller tanks until they're larger.

But, for the most part, no. Big Tanks=Big Fun. Also, Big Tanks=Big Money :D

IMHO, mixing seldom results in good outcomes.

Steve

·
Registered
104 Posts
I would like to see the red eye tree frog that could eat an adult tinctorius or even an adult auratus.....

Ed
I didn't read the part where he said he was getting adult darts to start, most people start with juvies.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
i personally find it suspicious that the OP's first (and only) post was this thread.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/beginner-discussion/66558-mix-red-eye-tree-frogs-tincs.html
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/be...-red-eyed-tree-frogs.html?highlight=RETF+dart
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/be...-frog-agalychnis-callidryas-d-tinctorius.html
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/beginner-discussion/46186-dart-frogs.html
etc.

perhaps theyve failed to post again because of the disappointment of being unable to create the back and forth flame war that may have been expected

james

1 - 12 of 12 Posts