Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be considered genetically right if someone for example breed a blue and black auratus with an ummm lemme think a mint green and bronze reticulated auratus. just wondering because i think that would make a really awesome looking frog.

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
Let's see...

1) You want to know about Mysteriousis.
2) You dis an incredibly good picture (by an equally good photographer).
3) You want to discuss cross-breeding morphs.

Who are you really and why do you feel like knocking the top off of ant hills?

s

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mixing auratus

i was just asking a question no need to spaz my man. i jus wanted to know because i think that frog would lok really cool. but whatever.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: mixing auratus

xAuratusxPunkx said:
i was just asking a question no need to spaz my man. i jus wanted to know because i think that frog would lok really cool. but whatever.
And that is exactly what is wrong with the reptile keeping/breeding hobby today. Everyone wants to mix and hybridize animals because they 'would look cool'. I as well as alot of other peers are so sick of seeing animals being crossed back and forth just to get a triple het for "wildfire jungle" or whatever morph it may be. Just take a good look at some of the boas and pythons that have been done like this...so many are living just long enough to pass on their genes so that someone will have the 'latest' morph. In my opinion, if you want an animal to look totally different than it's wild counterpart, pull out your reptile coloring book and a box of crayolas.

-Bill J.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
YOu know, you can do whatever you want with your frogs. But, on the other side, most people do not want to cross, or see different morphs crossed. It is a bad thing to get crossed morphs into the hobby, because they can cause all sorts of taxonomical problems in the future, and there isn't much good that might come out of it. However, If you plan on keeping all the offspring to yourself, go right ahead. See what you can do. I just don't like the idea of hybrids entering into pet stores and stuff. just my thoughts.

Ed

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
REad back on mixing ok? It is not something taken easily in this hobby. Cross breading is wrong, do more research on RESPONSIBLE herping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts