Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had three Dendrobates auratus - father and two daughters. Mother was I think killed. I was given the 3 frogs and their vivarium. Had them doing well for over a year. Recently got careless, father and one daughter got out. However eggs had been laid and I now have two young froglets. When they are sufficiently mature can I put them in with the remaining female? Or do they need their own territory?

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had three Dendrobates auratus - father and two daughters. Mother was I think killed. I was given the 3 frogs and their vivarium. Had them doing well for over a year. Recently got careless, father and one daughter got out. However eggs had been laid and I now have two young froglets. When they are sufficiently mature can I put them in with the remaining female? Or do they need their own territory?
Throw them together whenever you think the young ones can fend for themselves with regards to feeding. Auratus are really good in groups and aggression is very uncommon. I've kept many locales of auratus, raised as groups from froglets and adding adults together. I've never experienced any kind of aggression and all my auratus were kept in 2.2 groups.

Edit: I would make sure they're at least 6 months before adding them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts