41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
The red eyes are larger and will try to eat the darts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I remeber you....you are the 45gal column tank person....
That tank is too small for 4 red eyes...
Your background is taking up way too much space and you're losing space for them.
I'd cut that tree part in half (lenghtways) and bring it back some to create more space.
Also you don't have much land...if you slim the tree down I'd put my land in front of it.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
The red eyes are larger and will try to eat the darts

Most anurans are actually able to identify things that will fit into thier mouth pretty well (there are some exceptions) unless they are conditioned to automatically respond with a feeding response to a stimulus (for example I conditioned a blind grey treefrog to grab what ever touched it's leg, so you could get it to grab your finger). So the argument based simply on size doesn't hold a lot of weight unless the frog can actually ingest the other frog.... A red eye is not going to be able to ingest a tinctorius (maybe a new out of the water metamorph but not an adult). So it helps if you make a point instead of simply throwing stuff out there.

Ed

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Based on what criteria?
Look at the tank....with the waterfall and tree taking up so much room the space is now about the size of a 30 gallon...

Wouldn't you say they'd need more room then that to truely flourish?
Plus when you plant it there is more space lost...

I know back on my paladriumthread.....if you remember Ed...when all that stuff happened with Pumlio and the mixing my anoles, geckos and frogs y'all told me my frogs alone need about a 40 gallon tank and I have 6 smaller green treefrogs.

Idk man it just seems too small with that big tree there does it not?

And about the red eyes eating the darts....I was told by someone that most bigger frogs will eat smaller ones and just to be safe it isn't a good idea...
Sorry I must have been misinformed

Reactions: punctata

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
DragonSpirit1185;584932 said:
Look at the tank....with the waterfall and tree taking up so much room the space is now about the size of a 30 gallon...
And on what criteria are you basing that statement?

DragonSpirit1185;584932 said:
I know back on my paladriumthread.....if you remember Ed...when all that stuff happened with Pumlio and the mixing my anoles, geckos and frogs y'all told me my frogs alone need about a 40 gallon tank and I have 6 smaller green treefrogs.
Hmm.. that isn't what I remember telling your or what it shows in the thread. Here is the post http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/be...kground-my-first-build-help-4.html#post532218 Nowhere do I suggest that those frogs required a 40 gallon tank... In fact, my suggestion was based on the fact that you lacked the proper housing for the animals you had already aquired, and was restricted by the tanks you had on hand... I in fact gave you the option of using a 20 gallon or the 30 gallon. .. and no where in the above thread did I make any statement that a 40 gallon was needed....

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
And on what criteria are you basing that statement?

Hmm.. that isn't what I remember telling your or what it shows in the thread. Here is the post http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/be...kground-my-first-build-help-4.html#post532218 Nowhere do I suggest that those frogs required a 40 gallon tank... In fact, my suggestion was based on the fact that you lacked the proper housing for the animals you had already aquired, and was restricted by the tanks you had on hand... I in fact gave you the option of using a 20 gallon or the 30 gallon. .. and no where in the above thread did I make any statement that a 40 gallon was needed....
It just looks too small and I jsut don't see them very happy.

I said y'all not you yourself....it might have been someone that said it in a PM....it's been a while.
I thought it was mentioned that even a 40g was even too small for my frogs.

Relax......I might have made a mistake.

Honestly you of all people I thought would've said that there isn't much room for the red eyes to roam around

Reactions: punctata

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
It just looks too small and I jsut don't see them very happy.....
Why? on what criteria? The frogs don't float or hover....​

Honestly you of all people I thought would've said that there isn't much room for the red eyes to roam around
As I noted above the frogs don't float or hover so what criteria are you using? I'm not getting upset or angry but you threw out a position without anything to support it..

Ed

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Why? on what criteria? The frogs don't float or hover....​
Of course they don't haha but they won't just stay on the back ground....
I was saying the distance between the glass and background should be further.
Might just be where the tree looks so big it makes it look so small....

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Of course they don't haha but they won't just stay on the back ground....
I was saying the distance between the glass and background should be further.
Might just be where the tree looks so big it makes it look so small....
No they won't stay on just the background.. they can move to all of the sides as well as the top and bottom of the tank if they choose.

Ed

41 - 50 of 50 Posts