Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order some more 32oz deli cups and i am going to try and get some mite medications cause no matter what to do (move cultures, put them under lights, etc) i keep having mites and i want to try mite medicene.

I looked at eds fly meat and they dont have any, black jungle doesnt, who does?

aj

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mites

I don't know of anything you can put in the cultures to get rid of mites. There are some dusts that you can use around where you do cultures, but they don't really work. The best thing to do is to get rid of all cultures that have mites, sterilize the area, and get some clean cultures. I've never seen any mites in the cultures from Fly Culture, or Ed's Fly meat.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
AJ where are you getting your cups from, I just got 240 from superior enterprises and I couldnt be happier with them.

G

·
Aj,

I will second kenya. The best thing to do if clean up the area and get all new cultures and put them in a different location.

You can try a contact paper called " M'lady No Bugs" Carolina Bio sells it,
Anti-Mite Paper

As far as mite powder The Drosophila Company sells it, but I prefer the paper.
Mite Powder

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was thinking of just order 50 more cups from eds but then i remembered superior, i think i have it book marked. I have been moving each culture to a new area and they still take over! what should i clean the areas with to make sure im geting it cleaned right? Yeah the powder stuff is what i was looking for, but it seems from the reviews here it aint worth it.

aj

1 - 5 of 5 Posts