Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is a journal for my two 18x18x18 Zoo Meds. They were both recently planted and stocked but were seeded with microfauna weeks before the arrival of plants and frogs. Here are some details about them.

Tanks: Two 18x18x18 Zoo Med Naturalistic Terrariums with glass covering all but one inch of the screening in the front to keep the glass clear.
Lighting: Fishneedit 3 ft. T5 HO fixture. Holds 2 x 39w bulbs, 6700K. Photoperiod of 12 on/12 off per day.
Substrate: 2 inch layer of hydroton followed up by a few inches of ABG mix with leaf litter on top. Leaf litter is regular oak and live sand oak.
Background Material: The right tank has GS/Silicone/Tree fern fiber while the left tank has GS/Silicone/Peat.
Plant List:
Left tank: Pellonia ''Waffle'', Begonia partita, Pilea involucrata, Philodendron wendimbe, Wandering Jew Bolivian, Begonia sp., Christmas Moss.
Right tank: Neoregelia 'Hot Pink', Neoregelia ampullacea 'Rio de Janeiro', Neoregelia 'Grapevine', Ficus Pumila, Peperomia angulata, Peperomia sp., Begonia sp., Wandering Jew Bolivian, Several Plants that I need ID of that come from plant package from Brooklyn Dart Frogs.
Frogs: Left tank has a probable pair of D. azureus and the right has a trio of R. ventrimaculata 'Iquitos'.

Tank Pictures:

Double Tank Shot

Right Tank

Left Tank

Frog Pictures:

R. ventrimaculata 'Iquitos'

D. azureus

Plants:

Neoregelia 'Grapevine'

Neoregelia ampullacea 'Rio de Janeiro'

Neoregelia 'Hot Pink' - Needs to color up

From Plant Package - Need ID

Begonia partita - Currently flowering

Pilea involucrata - Starting to take off

Philodendron wendimbe - My favorite viv plant

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
They look sweet.
Id love to know where you got the Philodendron wendimbe from. I love how tall it gets. Do you know if it grows as easy as other Philodendrons, from cuttings?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look sweet.
Id love to know where you got the Philodendron wendimbe from. I love how tall it gets. Do you know if it grows as easy as other Philodendrons, from cuttings?
I got it from Josh's Frogs. It grows very well under this light. It was a plantlet when a first got it but has since grown many new leaves in just a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
They look great Mitch.... Wend Imbe is one of my faves too. I've been in the hunt for that plant for a while.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look great Mitch.... Wend Imbe is one of my faves too. I've been in the hunt for that plant for a while.
Thanks Riko. It's definitely an awesome plant... I believe Josh's frogs only had 1 left in stock when I bought mine.

How are your tads doing? I just had one morph out yesterday. It's hopping around with a big tail haha.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Looks awesome man! Your foregrounds look extremely well filled with a diverse selection plants, yet still look like a natural dart habitat. Just gotta let the backgrounds fill in and they will be a couple of jems!

...Oh yeah, and your sig is friggen awesome! Hahahaha

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks awesome man! Your foregrounds look extremely well filled with a diverse selection plants, yet still look like a natural dart habitat. Just gotta let the backgrounds fill in and they will be a couple of jems!

...Oh yeah, and your sig is friggen awesome! Hahahaha
Thanks GRIMM... That's what I am going for. And yes, my sig is awesome. Thank pumilio for that one.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Thanks Riko. It's definitely an awesome plant... I believe Josh's frogs only had 1 left in stock when I bought mine.

How are your tads doing? I just had one morph out yesterday. It's hopping around with a big tail haha.
They're doing well. Still have little hind legs, but growing nicely.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Added an Anubias barteri to the right tank to replace the dead large-leafed, begonia like plant. It'll have to adapt to emersed conditions but once it does I think it'll look great.

Also I like this new "like" feature. I think I'll overuse it though :D

1 - 20 of 108 Posts