Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you guy's. Could I make a misting system using my submersible pump and a timer. does the pump provide enough power to force the water through the misting heads. I was thinking that it is very similar to the misting systems that everyone buys?? Anyways let me know. :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I doubt it...you usually need at least 40psi to force the water through the nozzles, and most aquarium pumps do not come close to that much pressure.

Luke

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've looked at this from all sorts of angles and think you will have a hard time beating the price and quality of the misting sytems from Marty at mistking.com with a DIY system with a powered pump. For all the chasing parts, fittings, etc., you will have a hard time finding a pump that really produces quality mist for less.

The only exception I can think of is using a espresso machine pump such as the Ulka pumps, but I haven't heard much about anybody trying that. If I find an espresso machine at Goodwill I may try it someday. From what I understand the trick is that they use vibrating pumps instead of the vane pumps.

Some folks use a hand pump canister to pressurize the container that powers the misting system if you don't mind a manual solution.

Marcos

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can also try RV pumps, but it will be a great hassle trying get all the pieces together...i say try marty's stuff, it's top-o-the-line.

Luke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts