Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys mist your tanks?

I have my azurues in a 20 long with no water feature. The way i mist my tincs, who have a water feature in their tank (IE..higher humidity) is 2 minutes on monday, 2 minutes on wednesday, and 5 minutes on friday. I was going to mist my azureus in the same manner, but am not sure if that will be enough moisture to keep the humidity up with no water feature.

It does have a drain on the bottom so i am not worried about water buildup so much, but don't want to drown my plants either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I spray my tank for about a min. or two once a day everyday; I have a water feature in my azureus tank but it became a pain in the butt so I just unplugged the pump.
ADAM

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have a misting system in my D. ventrimaculatis tank that runs one minute once per day. My leucs and tincs all have a water feature in their setups and get misted about every other day--but it varies. I think that the amount of misting necessary will really depend on several variables, including the relative humidity in your house, the amount of ventilation in your tank, your substrate, the amount of plants in the tank, etc. I would invest in a decent digital hygrometer to test it out before putting your frogs in there. You can buy a cheap one at Wal-Mart for $15 (Accu-rite brand).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts